Tuesday, February 2, 2010

way too much mall

Pain level: 5/7 depending on when you ask
Dislocations so far today: left shoulder, left index finger.
Subluxations so far today: right ankle once, right shoulder a few times.
Meds: Naproxen, hardcore dose
Major complaint: stiffness and pain in my hands, nerve pain down my left leg with too much walking

Went back to the mall today, this time with M, to order prints of our professional wedding shots at a nicer-than-CVS 1 hour photo place.  We were told it would take about an hour and a half (lot of images) so we wandered around.  Well, it seems our big gay wedding pics killed their photo printing machine because when we went back, we were told it was going to take another hour.   We went back--nope--it's gonna take just one more hour.  UGH.  Got our prints finally and we're putting them in albums. 

Started out on the cane walking around, but I started getting bad nerve pain down my left leg so I switched to the chair.  Made life much easier except for how much my hands were hurting already.  Can't win them all, I guess.

Other than that, not much else to report.  Left leg is killing me but I'm just riding it out as I'm really not in the mood to be a drugged out zombie.

Funny Mall Happening:
I was using the mall restroom (always fun in a chair) and when I went to wash my hands I discovered two things.
  1. The lower "handicap" sink was about level with my knees so there was no chance in hell I'd be able to use that one.
  2. Absolutely zero water would come out of the faucet of the normal (read: way too tall for me) sink I had chosen to use.
Mind you--I only found this out after I had rubbed soap all over both of my hands.  Yeah.  Now what, fuckers?  Do I use my soapy hands to attempt to get enough grip on my wheels to push over to another sink?  And then have to clean the entire circumference of my wheel grips off so they aren't slimy for the rest of the day?  Sure I could have propelled myself with my soapy hands on the actual tires, but then the idea of getting my hands clean is moot.  Or do I sit here like an idiot while some 17 year old dressed up to the 9's to go to the mall watches me uncomfortably. 
The option I chose involved me saying, "Oh great.  This makes my life super easy."  And grabbed onto the edge of the sink using that to swing/shove my chair over to another sink.  Tah dah.  Clean hands, clean wheels. 

Oh, and I slept like hell again.  They better finish construction soon.

Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 9:12 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes. Just barely
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 80º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 105º 

No comments:

Post a Comment