Saturday, February 20, 2010

More snow in the forecast

Pain level: 4
Dislocations so far today: none!  I'm on a pretty good role!
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder several times
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: some stiffness, pain and swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)



Not a whole lot to report.  Woke up again being able to make a fist, which is awesome.  My hands were a little stiffer this morning than yesterday, but I'm staying positive.  

So far the medicine hasn't had any bad effects on my stomach (besides my normal tummy-ills), and I know I'm over-following the warnings.  Drinking double the water they require and doubling the you-can't-lay-down time.  I figure if I respect the meds, they'll respect me.  I hope.


Next week looks like entirely snow.  This does not please me.  What the hell, weather. 



Time: 8:19 PM
L
Can touch forearm?  Just barely--was doing better during the day, but I think meds are wearing off right about now.
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 125º
R
Can touch forearm? Not even close--and OW it hurts to try!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 115º  

No comments:

Post a Comment