Wednesday, February 10, 2010

laid up by snow again

Pain level: 6/7
Dislocations so far today: left elbow once
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times, right elbow once
Meds: Naproxen, hardcore dose
Major complaint: stiffness and throbbing pain in my hands, back pain.


Yesterday was stupid.  I was definitely rocking a solid 8 on my pain scale and was barely out of bed all day.  My joints are always destroyed by incoming low pressure systems.  As soon as they show up for real, I'm much better. Another blizzard is in the process of delivering another 6ish inches of snow here and I'm in better shape already.  Yesterday though--didn't even want to come on here to update.  Hands and elbows were a wreck and throbbing.  My spine felt as though it was being pulled backwards the whole day.  Constant pulsing pain no matter how I moved/sat/lay down.  Naproxen didn't help. 
I was in a total pain-fog and could barely concentrate long enough to figure out what I wanted for breakfast.  Just didn't care.
It was really depressing for a change.  Sometimes when I wake up and I'm in terrible shape, I can manage a sense of humor about it and just get through the day.  Yesterday I just felt horrible and I couldn't get my mood up. 


I should have known it was going to be a bad day when I woke up before dawn and realized my blankets were caught underneath me.  I was sleepy but cold, so I tugged on them.  I was apparently pulling them towards my face because when they finally came free I poked myself in the eye--and the force/angle of it dislocated my finger.  UGH.  *laughing*


But so far today has been better.  Still very sore and stiff.  I can't stand up straight--I'm still hunched over from the back pain, but making a lot of progress. 
Hope I'm even better tomorrow.


Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 3:00 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 90º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 120º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 80º 

Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º

No comments:

Post a Comment