Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just a dusting

Pain level: 4
Dislocations so far today: right shoulder once
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times, rib on my left side, left elbow
Meds: Naproxen, hardcore dose, considering taking a 1/4 of my amit.
Major complaint: stiffness and throbbing pain in my hands/elbows.

"Blizzard" was a bust. We got a dusting that was gone by morning.  Hey man, I'm super glad.

Not much to report.  Still having unprovoked jaw pain on my right side, but whatever--it doesn't really interfere with anything.  I'm sleeping like hell again and finding it harder and harder to adjust my position while I'm in bed trying to sleep.  My hands get so stiff and immobile, but I usually really need them to move myself around.  And laying in one position all night is NOT an option.

Good news, though!  My meds (Naproxen & Aviane) came through the buy-in-bulk-prescription-place which is the only way my insurance will cover my meds that I take daily.  So I got a 3 month supply in in time to cover me for a bit once my health insurance runs out.  So hey--3 months extra before going to full price prescriptions isn't bad!

Still no call back from Social Security.  Starting to think this is another one of their sorting policies like rejecting everyone straight out.  If they appeal, maybe they're not full of shit.  Maybe they're counting on the fakers to not call back and leave their contact info seventeen times hoping to get a return call to make an appointment.  But I'll just keep calling.  I understand the suspicion of medical professionals with so many people trying to take wrongful advantage of the systems in place--but it really makes the process slow and hellish for those of us who just need help.

Losing my health insurance in T-minus 17 days.

 

Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 8:41 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 90º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 140º  (!!!)
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 90º 

Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 115º

No comments:

Post a Comment