Friday, February 26, 2010

A Snowicane. Really.

Pain level: 5
Dislocations so far today:  right elbow this morning, left hip last night (OW!)
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: some stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L) 


I've been sort of a mess the past few days from the rain so I haven't been on here.  Wednesday night I had a repeat of probably what I feel is the most annoying dislocation-scenario of having Ehlers Danlos.  I dislocated my thumb while pulling up my pants after using the bathroom.  Ugh.  I really hate that.  I had that happen to me twice in one week last year and I was just so pissed off because it's such a simple task that becomes complicated quite quickly.  I then had this conversation with M's mom.

Me:  I dislocated my thumb again while pulling up my pants.
A: UGH.  You know, the last time this happened it was raining like crazy too.  When it rains, you're just not allowed to wear zippers!
Me: I was wearing my pj pants.
A:  *laughing*  Well, I'm sorry but that's just pathetic!  Okay, so when it rains, you're just not allowed to wear pants!


She may be on to something.  XD


My back has been completely out of it from the Snowicane.  Like a hurricane, but with snow.  Yuck.  Not even worth talking about--just my standard low pressure system pain.  But that's better now.  More snow/sleet/rain expected through Monday, but I think the worst is over. 


I've been getting some more/new hand symptoms the past few days.  The pain/swelling is down still, and I think the stiffness is too, but when I first wake up my right hand feels so weak that it can't make a full fist.  The fingers don't feel stiff, just tired almost.  Limp.  Plus my hands woke me up before sunrise itching and hurting from itching so much that I was sure I had hives.  Big ones.  I turned the light on and they looked fine, but they had that stinging feeling you get with really bad hives or a bad sunburn.  But only on my hands and it was gone later.  Weird.  No idea what that means.
 

Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 4:40 PM
Can touch forearm?  Just barely/ same
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 80º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 125º
R
Can touch forearm? Not even close--and OW it hurts to try!/ same
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º 

No comments:

Post a Comment