Saturday, February 27, 2010

Off for the night

Pain level: 4/5
Dislocations so far today: my fingers keep popping out
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times, right hip is threatening
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: some stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)



Off to Mr C's place for a night of friends, 20-sided dice, and a few drinks.  Be back sometime tomorrow.   I'm always a bit freaked when I spend a night away from home, worrying about how the inflate-a-bed thing will affect my back, but I'm also sick of not doing things because of anticipated pain.  (Though I am reminded that getting frustrated at pacing/taking my condition into account and just throwing caution to the wind is what landed me in the ER last year, so I am trying to find a balance.)

No repeat of the random hive-like itching on my hands this morning, so I have no idea what the heck that was about yesterday.


Fun Fact: This is M's methodology of figuring out if she needs to be worried about my health at any given time.  If I swear and curse a bunch, I'm probably fine.  ("fine" as in stubbed my toe or dislocated something that I can put back in no problem like a finger or ankle.)  However, if I get very quiet and calmly ask for her assistance, she deems that is when to freak out.  Like when a few days ago when I popped out my hip, I very calmly called out, "honey--I need your help," that is, I guess, how to worry her.   Oops.  I really hate worrying people.  Guess I just need to yell and swear more  then.



Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 4:40 PM
Can touch forearm?  Just barely
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 75º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? closer than normal, but still no
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 115º

No comments:

Post a Comment