Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'd prefer to opt out of muscle spasms, thanks

Pain level: 4/5
Dislocations so far today: left index finger, right wrist
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder, left elbow
Meds: Naproxen, normal dose
Major complaint: stiffness and throbbing pain in my hands, spasms in my neck/shoulders & nerve pain.


Decided (likely stupidly) to forgo my daily hardcore dose of Naproxen because I woke up not feeling too terrible.  Joints in my hands were stiff and achy but not as painful as usual and my first attempts at walking in the morning weren't laughable so--what the hell?  Let's see how I do.  And
I didn't do too bad, actually.  Maintained all day and only took two Aleve when I had to do my PT exercises. 


It's probably unrelated, but I'm getting some muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders on my left side.  After particularly bad ones, I get that distinct burning nerve pain down my arm but it fades quickly.  It comes back, but at least it goes away--something I wasn't saying 6 months ago.  Trying to rest it.  Maybe try heat later.


More lower back pain than normal (likely because of the no-meds-stunt) but it's pretty diffuse, though uncomfortable.  Not much else of interest.  Seeing the Rheumy in 10 days.  The appointment can't get here soon enough.


Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 11:02 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 95º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 120º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 85º 

Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º

No comments:

Post a Comment