Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ow ow snow ow

Pain level: 6/7 as long as I walk like an idiot
Dislocations so far today:  right index finger again!  jeez!
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: Lumbar spine pain with some nerve pain down my left leg, some stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)



And the snow is just starting to come down now.  The flakes are wet and sloppy, splattering against the deck.  Yuck.  It's not supposed to really stop until Sunday.  
EDIT:  We're getting rain currently.  Wish that made a big difference.  But hey! No shoveling! 

It took me a long time to wake up this morning.  I was awake off and on since 6am or so, just trying to sleep off a little bit more of the pain, hoping to wake up again in better shape.  That didn't really happen today.  Took me a while until I could uncurl myself enough to stand up.  I'm walking very slowly today, and each step is probably only 3-4 inches.  I'm "sneaking" today--that's what M calls it when my back is so bad I can't walk faster than that.  Like I'm some sneaky burglar hoping no one notices me.  XD

Having a little nerve pain involvement with my back pain today--mostly when I cough or sneeze I"ll get it down my left leg.  

Two episodes of Raynaud's already today.   I'm trying to keep my hands warm. 
 
Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 12:27 PM / 11:15PM
L
Can touch forearm?  Just barely/ same
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º/ 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º/ 120º
R
Can touch forearm? Not even close--and OW it hurts to try!/ same
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 50º/ 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 100º/ 115º

No comments:

Post a Comment