Friday, February 12, 2010

Great News!

Pain level: 4 in the morning/3/ 4 by now.
Dislocations so far today: left index finger

Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times,  left elbow once, right wrist once twice--ow! while typing too.
Meds: Naproxen, hardcore dose.
Major complaint: stiffness and throbbing pain in my hands/wrists/elbows.


Awesome news today!  We found out that the paperwork for my exemption from my health insurance cutting me off a year early went through and was approved!  I can be covered under my mother's insurance until Feb. 2013 as a result of my disability--and at that time I can reapply if necessary.  I hope to god, it's not necessary and that I can get something rolling in 3 years to be independent enough to have my own insurance.  BUT, it's great news nonetheless.  I no longer have to worry about if I go see the Rheumotologist and he says I need a battery of tests that will take 3 weeks, I'll have to say, "Nope.  Sorry.  Can't afford it."  Now, I can take care of myself and that is such a relief. 

Hands were really bad this morning.  Right one much worse than the other.  Normally, I have swelling in the joints that I can feel, but not really see.  I can tell my hands don't sit right, and I'm not able to lace my fingers together comfortably.  This morning the joints on my right hand were visibly swollen and very painful.   I hate having such a hard time dressing myself in the morning.  bleck.

Slept even worse last night.  I want to take my amit. tonight so I can get some rest, but I have to be up early tomorrow for my mom's birthday breakfast.  Maybe tomorrow night I'll get some good rest.

Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure


Time: 6:55 PM
L
Can touch forearm?
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 80º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 115º
R
Can touch forearm?
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 90º

No comments:

Post a Comment