Saturday, December 5, 2009

first snow of the season

Pain level: 5
Dislocations so far today: Right shoulder once (while sleeping), right ankle once twice.
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder (2 times), right patella once.
Meds: cold turkey
Major complaint: Woke up stiff from the snow coming in.  Just feeling achy all over.

Didn't sleep well last night either--it felt like my SI joint was clicking and making me very uncomfortable in any position.  No spasms though, that's a plus.

Lost feeling of the first three fingers on my right hand from Raynaud's for about 10 minutes.  By now, M is a pro and getting sensation back in them.  I've been taking stairs at my average pace again so I guess my knees have finally forgiven me.

The most aggravating thing right now is that I have a really bad case of brain fog.  I feel like I've been drugged or taken cold medicine--like my brain is underwater and I can't form clear thoughts.  My thoughts feel slow and sluggish.  I can't remember the names of things or follow what people say if they say more than a sentence or two.  I probably just need more sleep.  It's extremely frustrating because I can't do the things I want to do because I just can't figure them out.  And they're things I know I can normally do--things I've done before and when I can't do them I get stressed out and end up feeling dissapointed in myself which doesn't help anything.   Things get blurry, lights seem too bright, and I feel like I'm blinking really slowly.  All in all, it makes it hard to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment