Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas cookies!

Pain level: 6/7
Dislocations so far today: right & left shoulder once each (in my sleep :< ), right wrist once, right ankle once.
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder multiple times, both ankles a few times.
Meds: Naproxen--average dose.
Major complaint:  Ugh, lower back--muscle and nerve pain, hamstrings are tightening up again despite stretching, joints are very unstable.

M and I made Christmas cookies today like we do every year.  I didn't do too bad most of the day.  Pre-gamed with naproxen, took breaks, and leaned on a lot of things.  But I'm sore as hell now.  My body is experiencing a rise in the hormone relaxin, which sucks since the function of that hormone is to make joints more flexible and loose.  I don't really need that.  So around now my joints are always in more pain anyway. 

I was so pissed last night because I woke up at one point with my left shoulder dislocated which is never a nice way to be woken up.  I put it back in and went back to sleep only to wake up with my OTHER shoulder dislocated.  UGH.  I was sure I was going to wake M up with my swearing.

Joints have been loose all day.  My right fibula keeps sliding back to visit my heel.  He is unwelcome there.

Giant knot on the right side of my back.  It's getting better with heat.  It hurts to much to apply pressure to. The nerve pain is manageable--not anywhere near a stenosis flare up.  I think it has more to do with my hamstrings than anything.  I'm stretching them more, but so far no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment