Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring is in the spine--I mean air

Pain level: a solid 7
Dislocations so far today: left shoulder last night
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times, right scapula a couple of times
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.  Considering pain meds to sleep EDIT: Didn't take pain meds.
Major complaint: Spinal stenosis pain down both legs, lower body is still a wreck, more stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)  Also in my feet and wrists. 


Spring is on its way.  I can tell because it feels like someone wearing stilettos has stuck their heel into my lumbar spine and is pulling with all their might on my arms and legs.  That's sort of what spring feels like to me.  Which sucks because I love spring.  

I can tell shit is up because I can no longer stand up straight.  My lower back is hunched, and if I try to tilt my hips forward and force my posture into correctness, I get terrible nerve pain down my lower back and straight down the backs of my legs and into my feet.  As the day goes on, I can't sit upright either.  I'm hunched over trying to sit in a chair.  When I take a break to lay down in bed, I have to prop my back up with pillows and prop my knees up in a bent position with more pillows.  I feel a total mess.  

Add on top of this, my hips haven't gone back to normal yet.  I'm still getting grinding and popping and a TON of tenderness in my hips.  Walking is an adventure.

I think scared M last night.  We were sitting on the floor petting the dog and I reached around to scratch my back and my left shoulder dislocated.  Not abnormal, true.  But what was weird was that M could see it happen.  Out of the corner of my eye I could see my left shoulder drop over an inch along with a loud Thunck.  The pain was right there and the weakness/numbness.  M helped me reduce the joint like always, but she looked more freaked out than usual.  I mean, my shoulder normally looks off when it dislocates, but it normally comes out in the front, and this was definitely a dislocation in a different direction.  Bleck.


Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 10:20 PM
Can touch forearm?  Just just barely.  Ow.
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 65º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 120º
R
Can touch forearm? not even close and that hurts!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 115º 

No comments:

Post a Comment