Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Just when I was about to call in the cavarly

Pain level: 6/7 depending
Dislocations so far today: none
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times

Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: Lower body is a wreck, more stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)  Also in my feet and wrists.


Social Security called today.  I was about to give the local Attorney General a call, like I'd been advised, but this morning, before I woke up, the phone goes a-ringing.  Mind you, this is how the conversation started.

Mumbling Dude,"Hello, this is the Social Security office for InsertTownHere."

Sleepy Me, "Hello!  Yes!"  Some how I managed not to say FINALLY!

Mumbling Dude, "Is Erica there?"

Sleepy Me, "Uhh...No?"  *panicking* 

Mumbling Dude, "Oh..."

Me thinking: Oh shit oh shit--don't let him hang up!!

Mumbling Dude, "Is MangledPronounciationOfMyName there?"

Sleepy Me, "YES!  Yes, that's me!" 

 Long story short, I have a phone interview set up for next week.  I'm nervous but glad we're finally moving on past them never calling me back.

The bad news is that since my phone rang while I was asleep, I epically leapt out of bed the second it woke me up to get to it.  This is no good for my joints.  My body needs to be eased out of sleeping-stiffness/pain into moving-around-pain.  And jumping out of bed = me limping like a complete gimp the entire rest of the day.  I feel like I pulled every muscle in my body below my waist.  And I'm unsure why my body reacted that way.  I mean, my butt is killing me.  All the muscles around my hips don't want to take weight, which makes walking hard.  For this sort of thing to happen, I'd at least like to have had reckless, acrobatic sex the night before, but alas, this is just from getting the phone.  D'oh!

Hands were a little better this morning.  Not much though.

I'm going to try to start putting some pictures up on here so it's not so boring to look at.  Hopefully tomorrow.
 
Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 10:21 PM
Can touch forearm?  Yup, and it didn't hurt too bad.
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? not even close and that hurts!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º

No comments:

Post a Comment