Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ClunkClunkGrind go the hips

Pain level: 6/7 getting worse as the day goes on
Dislocations so far today: right wrist once
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times, left elbow once, right scapula a couple of times

Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: Lower body is a wreck, more stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)  Also in my feet and wrists.


My hips are still killing me today.  From the front on my hips near the juncture at my inner thighs all the way around to my butt, it feels like the muscles are revolting.  Nothing wants to work properly.  At nearly every step I take, I can feel a grind or a snap on the outside of my hip as the step is at a point when I have put full weight on that side and am about to set my other foot on the ground.  Hopefully this will the be worst, and tomorrow will be better.  Worse on my right side than my left.  (As it generally tends to go, it seems.)

So I've still got a pretty good hobble on today.  Just have to start practicing my Igor voice.  Yes, Master--yes! *limp limp*

More swelling and itching of the skin on my hands and feet.   One week until my Rheumy appointment.  Can't wait.


Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 8:12 PM
Can touch forearm?  Yup, and it didn't hurt too bad.
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 65º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? not even close and that hurts!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º

No comments:

Post a Comment