Monday, March 8, 2010

It's not a fluke

Pain level: 4/5
Dislocations so far today: left elbow once
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times,  left index finger once.  Last night subluxed my left hip, right knee, ribs on my left side, and right shoulder--all within a minute.  Sometimes I'm not sure why I'm not just celibate.
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: more stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)  Also in my feet and wrists.


Today's News:  The symptoms are coming back and now they're spreading to wrists, feet, and the skin around my mouth.  My lips are feeling tighter, like I can't open my mouth as wide without pain.  From my chin to my nose feels like I have a sunburn, which I don't.  But you know that awful creasing, stiff, stinging feeling you get when you have a sunburned face?  Yeah that--that's what I have.  My hands and feet feel the same way at night when I'm trying to sleep.

And everything gets itchy!!  My face, my feet, and especially my hands.  I'm trying not to scratch it and I keep throwing more and more lotion on, but I go through an hour at a time when I feel like I have the worst hives, but nothing is there.  Then it goes away.  Weird. 


I also now have what M is calling "balloon hands."  It's not as bad as you think.  When I make a fist (or as much of one as I can at the time) the skin over my knuckles turns bright bright white, and I think that it feels just extremely smooth.  But M ran her fingers over my knuckles and immediately announced that my skin feels just like touching a latex balloon.  Probably not the best sign.  But hey--super smooth skin, right?  Too bad I also happen to have an irrational phobia of balloons.  :<
 
Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 10:21 PM
Can touch forearm?  Just barely--and OW!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? not even close and that hurts!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 55º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º 

No comments:

Post a Comment