Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Listening to busy signals gets old

Pain level: 5/6
Dislocations so far today: right ankle once, right index finger once
Subluxations so far today: Right shoulder a couple of times,  right scapula a bunch of times, left hip once last night
Meds: meloxicam--1 tablet.
Major complaint: Hip pain, some stiffness/pain/swelling in the joints of my hand (R>L)


I must have called the Social Security office over 20 times today.  Always a busy signal.  I never even got to leave my standard message as normally instructed.  I'm not sure how I can get a busy signal all day from a machine.  It's not like there is a human being to be unavailable.  And, surprise,  I haven't heard back from them since my call on Monday.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Their number is now officially in the contacts of my cell phone so I could intermittently call them while out on errands with M.  Which makes me feel like a total dweeb.  

I subluxed my good hip last night--which always pisses me off, because that's the hip I rely on not to give me shit.  They were feeling a little unsteady, so I was trying to concentrate on keeping my bad hip (the right one) from slipping out.  And I managed to!  And as soon as I was happy and satisfied that I'd kept my right hip in--out goes the left one.  At least it wasn't out all the way, and man, that makes a really loud thunk when it goes back in. 

More bad Raynaud's today.  And something else weird that I've been noticing.  Now this may be nothing or silly, but the skin of my fingers has been holding the impression of other shapes a lot recently.  I know that doesn't make much sense.  Let me try to clarify.  If you squeeze your index and middle fingers with your other hand, nothing normally happens (or at least that's how it worked for me).  But imagine what it would look like if you squeezed a finger sized PlayDoh snake. Your squeezing hand leaves an impression.  Well my the skin of my fingers have been doing that--leaving finger shaped indents for 10-15 seconds after I let go.  Which is weird to me.  Not sure if that's normal for other people though. 


Hand stiffness using middle finger has measure
Time: 11:07 PM
Can touch forearm?  Just barely--and OW!
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 70º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? not even close and MAN! that hurts
Angle of extension of the center joint of finger: 60º
Angle of extension of the last joint of finger: 110º 

No comments:

Post a Comment