Friday, January 29, 2010

Yes, drowsiness is DEFINITELY a side effect.

Pain level: 5
Dislocations so far today: right shoulder
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times,  left elbow.
Meds: naproxen, hardcore dose, leftover Amitriptyline from last night
Major complaint: pulled muscle in my right lumbar area, drowsiness.

I ended up taking 1/2 of my 25mg Amitriptyline last night around midnight.  That ends up being 10 mg and change.  That was plenty.  I might actually go down to a quarter of a pill next time I need it.  I was zonked out by 1 AM and slept heavily until 9AM then dozed in and out until 11 or so.  And that shit stayed with me.  I was a groggy brainless zombie until around 5PM.  Felt almost drunk, slurred speech, dizzy, the whole bit.  But Dr. B. warned me that the first few times I take it that I should consider the next day a loss until my body gets used to it.  Not used to taking meds FOR the side effects, but hey--doctor's orders.

Woke up with an internal tremor (usually get that when my muscles relax too much) and what feels like a pulled muscle in the right part of my lower back.  It's been throwing my walking off today but not like it normally does.  A different kind of pain--not as bad on the pain scale but somehow harder to walk around with. 

Nothing else really of note today.   Woke up with hand stiffness and pain again.  More raynaud's but it's 11 degrees F out there today, so that's bound to happen.

Fun tidbit--This is a conversation M and I had right after I woke up.

Me: It's like I can feel some things and not feel other things. 

M: Hm. So what things can you feel? 

Me: (long pause) Coherency.

M: Yeah? You can? 

Me: No--I can't. 

M: I asked you what things you could feel. 

Me: Oh. (long pause) See??

 

Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 10:51 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 95º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 120º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 80º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º 

No comments:

Post a Comment