Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day without snow!

Pain level: 6 this morning, 5 by now
Dislocations so far today: couple of fingers on my left hand, left ankle once.
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times, left shoulder once or twice, both elbows once.
Meds: naproxen, hardcore dose.  Tramadol the night before.
Major complaint: lower back pain that started last night and is only starting to fade.

There are 3 things that I have to do everyday that I CANNOT forget to do.
  1. Do my PT stretches.
  2. Remember to pace myself and take breaks to sit and rest even if I feel like I'm doing fine.
  3. Take my anti-inflammatories in the morning before I even need them.

Guess how many of these I forgot to do yesterday?
Yep.  All of them.  UGH.  I'm such an ass sometimes.  I was stiff and sore in the morning, but that seemed to ease up over the day.  I got my blood drawn in the morning so I didn't take my naproxen in case that somehow affected the bloodwork, and when I got home I forgot.  M and I made turkey stock from scratch yesterday, and I guess I was on my feet too much.  Around 9 when I helping her strain the stock, my back just sort of freaked out.  The pain just came running at me and took over and I had to go sit down.  Couldn't fall asleep because I was trying to figure out if I was about to vomit from the pain.  Took a tramadol and that knocked the pain down enough so that I could sleep. 

I was woozy this morning and still hurting but not nearly as bad.  Took it easy today.  Remembered to take breaks and my meds. 

Raynaud's is really acting up today.  Been losing 3/4 of my fingers at least once an hour. 

Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 7:21 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes, pretty easily.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 90º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 130º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 80º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º

No comments:

Post a Comment