Monday, January 11, 2010

Bad couple of days.

Pain level: 6 this morning, 5 by now
Dislocations so far today: left shoulder once, left wrist once.
Subluxations so far today: right shoulder a few times, left shoulder once, right elbow once.
Meds: naproxen, hardcore dose.  Might start on new insomnia med tonight.
Major complaint: stiffness, pain in shoulders and neck.

Haven't kept us as much as I mean to, but things have been hectic and just got hectic-er.  My left side is a mess today.  Dislocated my left shoulder taking off my hoodie and maybe an hour later dislocated my left wrist while trying to pop the joint like I normally do when it feels stiff. 

Past couple of days my fingers have been feeling less stiff during the day.  In the morning and before I wake up for good, they still hurt like all hell and I can't make a fist. 

Muscles in my shoulders were insanely tender this week.  I'd touch them, and it made me almost cry pain tears.  But that has faded to.

The fun news:  My health insurance is supposed to cover me until I am 25.  I turn 24 next month.  Turns out that my insurance changed its policies effective pretty much now these new ones say that I am going to lose my insurance at the end of next month.  So I have 49 days left until I am without insurance, as opposed to the YEAR I was figuring I had to work things out.  Nope.  49 days.  There is an exception we are applying for that will cover me until I'm 26 if I'm deemed disabled and the condition existed before I was 19.  This is all very true--but what's scary is all the doctors I was seeing until last year knew nothing about EDS and all thought I was crazy.  Here's hoping my current doctor's opinion is the only one that matters.

Attempting not to stress out too much about this whole thing.  Failing miserably. 


Hand stiffness using middle finger as a measure.
Time: 10:28 PM
L
Can touch forearm? Yes.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 100º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 120º
R
Can touch forearm? No.
Angle of extension of center joint of finger: 90º
Angle of extension of last joint of finger: 110º 

No comments:

Post a Comment