Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dr. Strange Hand

Good news!

Since backing off to the 2X a day dose of the Gabapentin, I haven't had anymore twitching!  I have also noticed that the burning and stinging pain in my hands is much less, and they even tingle less than before.  The shards-of-glass joint pain is still ever present, however, and my skin is feeling very tight today.

Bad news!

This morning I looked down at the hand in my lap and jumped because I didn't know whose it was.  They just don't look like my hands anymore.  I don't like that.  I really liked how my hands looked before.  They were one of my favorite features.  Plus I gesticulate with my hands so much when I talk and now that I can't move them I feel like I'm moving my arms around with dead fish flopping at the ends of my wrists.  Not what I'm going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment