Friday, September 24, 2010

Undifferentiated Me.

So I went to Tufts again not expecting much for once and walked away with a diagnosis.  Dr. K is going with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. 

Why do I always have to get the conditions with tongue twister names?

Basically, I have an autoimmune disease that doesn't fit the parameters of any established autoimmune disease.  Right now, it is my very own customized disease.  Way to go, Immune System.  Way to be an individual. 

Now, there is a chance that I have an early form of another disease and my condition will evolve into SLE or Scleroderma or whatever.  In that case, I really had immature Lupus.  Baby Lupus before it grow up into Big Bad Lupus.  Kind of like in Pokemon.  (If I'm understanding how that works.)

There is also a chance it will never evolve into anything else.  That this is it.  In that case, I have a weird autoimmune disease that only affects my hands.   Dr. K says that the fact that my condition has remained "stable" (as in not spread to any other organ system) is a good sign that it may stay like this.  If I can make it to two years, I'll be in even better shape. 

We're repeating some blood and urine labs to see where I am and to check my kidneys because of my WTF bladder.  Dr. K is putting me on Celebrex to see if that can help with the constant inflammation of my hands. 

I also have to up my water and salt intake since my blood pressure at the doc's office was 85/52.  Eek!  I knew I had been dizzier recently but I just figured it was the medicine I'm on.  

When I woke up this morning I was feeling extra dizzy and when I reached up above my head to get something off a shelf, I really thought I was going to pass out.  The world spun like you wouldn't believe, my vision went all blurry, I was sure I was going to puke everywhere, and my head starting throbbing like mad.  No more raising my arms up.  Forget that. 

Also, I have tennis elbow in my left arm.  I'm right handed.  And I don't play tennis.  What the hell?  I swear to any god you like, my body just gets bored finds some kind of trouble to get itself into to keep occupied. 

But hey!  Answers!  Thanks, world.  It's appreciated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment